Monday 1 September 2008

Tea is calming

I spent a few hours today making a tea cozy for a friend's birthday. She wanted it in greens and creams, and so I decided to liberate the word "calm" from my Words Fail Me work in progress.

The fabric for the letters lists all types of tea, but the pattern was too busy for the word calm, so I turned the a upside down to make an E, turned the L into a T and added a bit to the C to make an A. The letter M will go into the parts drawer. I took short green leftovers to make a variety of Ts for the other side, pieced them together, and machine quilted around the letters.


I think it's an attractive tea cozy. Happy Birthday Marlee!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Nice. I made a tea cosy for a birthday gift but can't show it until after the birthday because I know she reads my blog. I made a matching mat to go under it. I love the way you have put letters on yours.

Tonya Ricucci said...

very fun. love how you made those letter work. wonderful tea cozy.

valleyp said...

Hey Brenda, nice cozy! I made a coffee cozy for my bodum for our campint trip. Not sure it was big hit, a lot of time ...have to do some re-measuring, it was a bit too big and dripped...coffee and friend time was great though!

jovaliquilts said...

Love your cozy! The formation of 'tea' from 'calm' is clever, but I totally love the idea of the letter 't' all over one side.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>