Saturday 15 March 2008

more letters and more lettered fabric

Greenmare at Mare's Nest sent me some word fabric last week, and I've started making letters with it. Thanks so much for sharing! I tried it as the main fabric in the word "guide" and the background in the word "soothe" in the bottom pix.

Here's the words I've got so far, and I have plans for another dozen. I'm having some issues around contrast with "soothe" and "calm", partly because the letter fabric is quite busy. Many letter fabrics don't read as solids, so that will be a challenge as I move forward.

5 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

this is really great - I cannot believe all the word fabric you have!

Val said...

This is neat. Thanks for sharing it. I am just learning to quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Love this quilt. I really do. The whole thing. Give yourself permission to break your "rules" and not use only word fabric. Try some solid/near solids to help make the word fabric shine more. Fabulous work so far though. Really do love it.

Hedgehog said...

Love this! I have a think for 'word' fabric, too. Can't wait to get back to my big letter projects, but have to wait another couple weeks. Until then, I'll just enjoy what others are doing online!

Lynda said...

Love your word fabric - I have a collection, but not the black and white one! I include some word fabric in every project I do.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>