Tuesday 2 September 2008

Baskets of news

I made some progress yesterday on one of my UFOs for Finn's Challenge. I've sewed the wonky baskets together, and now I'm working on the words and borders. This is my newspaper quilt, like the old joke, black and white and read all over, and I've used some newsprint-patterned fabric in the words and one of the baskets. I'd like to use the checked bias to make a vine on some of the borders, but I haven't decided what works the best yet.Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Donna said...

very fun looking. Hope the words go together easily for you :-)

Joyce said...

It's great! Love the baskets and the words are looking good.

Magpie Sue said...

It's getting better and better :- )

dot said...

Very cute!!!

Nancy said...

What a great idea!

Elaine Adair said...

Very clever girl!

Tonya Ricucci said...

It's marvelous. I love your happy baskets.

Millie said...

I love this! It's great

Kristin Shields said...

Oh, I love it! I really want to make a wonky basket quilt. Must get to that soon!

Cher said...

I really like this- very fun looking top so far

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>