Thursday 4 September 2008

making more words

I'm enthusiastic about making words after months of not. After making the words for the basket quilt below, I got out my Words Fail Me project and started making more verbs. Here's four more -- I made a quieter version of "calm" and repurposed the M from the old calm (used in the tea cozy here) into a W for follow.
I'm making progress and the project is getting bigger. I have a long list of other words to include, and many varieties of word fabric, although some work better than others. I do get a bit lazy, and pick shorter words, or ones with easy letters, like L's and I's (follow was great, especially since I didn't make the W). But I'm making progress. I've almost got the borders done on the basket quilt too. I'm making progress on the UFO challenge!

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Your words are looking very good. I really like Thrill and inform. You are inspiring me to get my winter words out and have another go at them.

Donna said...

love the shape of the W in follow, almost dancing :-)

Millie said...

I love these! I will be making more words of my own soon, and I can't wait!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fabulous. love these and your letters just keep getting better and better. great fabric choices. "annoy" is marvelous.

Magpie Sue said...

What great words! This is going to be a wonderful quilt.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

You're so good at this making letters thing--talent

Cher said...

your words leave me speechless...

Lynda said...

I know what you mean about some words being more appealing to make than others! I just made 'Family Tree', and found the M, R and Y quite challenging! Your letters look great though.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>