Sunday 13 October 2019

Small things

I've been making small things lately,
like sewing machine blocks.
This is my first attempt at a Singer Featherweight.

Then I went for the mid-70s looks with an orange machine.

I invoked my inner Trekkie to make two sets of tea cozies, 
using my favourite quote from Captain Picard.

The one at the left is made from a linen/cotton blend.

I also embarked on a pouch-making frenzy in September,
finishing up these two I started a long time ago.
I get a lot of love for the nesting doll prints,
but these dolls don't nest, unless of course they are all put together already
and just sitting on a row beside other sets of nesting dolls.

Here's a gang of pouches, most made using a triangle pouch tutorial here.

I like this inch tape measure ribbon, which I bought by the metre in Invermere, B.C. this summer.
Funny how Canadian quiltmakers buy in metres but sew in inches.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

You have definitely been busy - small projects sometimes take more time that strings and scraps!

patty a. said...

Your tea cozies and pouches are cute!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>