Monday 5 August 2019

Global Village

Recently I was commissioned to make a table runner similiar 
to the one above, which I made as a class sample.
I didn't want to sell the sample,
so I started making houses with fabrics that would be special to the buyers.

Here is the finished table runner. It measures about 18 by 40 inches


I used a variety of greens for the trees, and text and novelty fabrics for the houses.
Above are a rainbow house, a love house, and a prayer house.

And a music house, an African hut, a peace and writing house, and a rose house.

Here are the two of them side by side.
The bottom one is my class sample, and I regretted that it was wider than width of fabric,
which necessitated piecing the back.
So I made the new one a bit narrower, since 40 inches is plenty long for a table runner.

I love making wonky houses and trees,
and I plan to teach another class on this in fall.
Let me know if you are local and would be interested in signing up.



2 comments:

patty a. said...

What a pretty table runner! I like that each house has a theme. You sure did have some great fabrics for the trees.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Terrific class idea -- have fun with it!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>