Friday 17 August 2018

Don't stop Friday finishes!

Don't Stop
72 inches square
pieced by my mom and  machine quilted by me

I finished this quilt a week ago and it is now in the hands of its new owner.
The name comes from the Fleetwood Mac song
and some of the lyrics are machine quilted into the darker triangles.


I did a simple motif on the dark triangles
and more intense quilting on the neutral ones.
I varied the background motifs to avoid boredom
and to give the quilt some energy and motion.


Here's a view of the quilting from the back.

it has quilt shop quality flannel on the back, 
and sale wall quilt shop fabrics on the front.


Close ups of the background quilting motifs


This quilt started as a birthday kit for my mom.
I cut four coordinating prints and background fabric into 6.5 inch HST
with the Accuquilt Go cutter.


Now my mom is an award-winning quilter who makes beautiful applique quilts,
but I wanted her to have a mindless sewing project
where she could just piece, and then put the top together.
Since all of her kids and grandkids are well supplied with quilts,
she was happy to give this to another family member dealing with a serious illness.


I bound the quilt with a zig zag print cut on the length of grain to get diagonal stripes.


5 comments:

Ramona said...

Beautiful quilt. It’s so nice that you and your mom put your love into it for your family member.

Yvonne said...

Your mom and you did a lovely job on this quilt. I love the colours and the quilting. You make a great team!

Quiltdivajulie said...

FUN all the way around -- and I agree about varying the motifs to avoid boredom!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

So lovely to both make a quilt together! And your quilting is very effective.

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out wonderful and I am sure the recipient will love it especially with the soft flannel backing.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>