Friday 28 September 2018

Fairy sewing godmother

I spent some time in the role of fairy sewing godmother
when a little girl close to me announced to her mom 
that she wanted a fairy unicorn birthday party.

I think we managed to make that wish come true.
I made her this two-piece fairy skirt in rainbow colours.
Lots of tulle, lots of shirring, and lots of rainbows.

The fairy princess's mom and I made six more tulle skirts
for the little girls attending her party.
It definitely was a vision of cuteness, 
and one partygoer wore her skirt, fairy wings and tiara with her best dress
to a family wedding right after the party.


Not much quilting going on here,
but I did visit this hexie quilt I made for a friend 9 years ago.

I quilted it on a friend's midarm machine back then.
Although the stitches are big and the motifs shaky,
it is all still hanging together.





3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those fairy skirts are SUCH a good idea -- and how good to visit a gifted quilt!

Louise said...

Sounds like a very sweet and fun party! I can just picture a gaggle of little fairy unicorns eating cake and ice cream :)

patty a. said...

The skirts turned out so cute!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>