Wednesday 26 April 2017

Vintage block mashup

I've had a pile of vintage blocks for too long
and I'm thinking about how to use them.
I know they're bright and busy, but that's what I love about them.
Here's layout #1

Toning it down with layout #2,
which includes some leftover solid pinwheels from another project.

How about if I make that centre medallion into a star?
Layout #4

Actually, that star is made from a set of vintage printed napkins.


And then I decided to turn it around and put the napkins on the inside.
Layout #4.

I'm not convinced in any direction yet,
What do you think?

I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network.




7 comments:

Ariane said...

I really like the star layout! But I feel like the bright blocks need a dark sashing to separate them. Even if it's really thin. You could also sash the napkins to make it all cohesive.

Linda said...

I like layout 3, turning that centre medallion into a star. However, I think that centre needs a concrete border, a dark shade, to define the middle of the quilt. Then add those star points and go from there.

Elaine M said...

I also like the star layout. I also like the green with the string blocks in #1. Maybe use them for the corners. Pinwheel or Flying Geese since it looks like they are not sewn together. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like layout one - although that doesn't use the napkins . . .

Rebecca said...

#1!!

Lori R. said...

I like #2 but without the corner windmills.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am absolutely hopeless at this...all look good to me. But I loved reading about your process and the other comments. Always something to learn.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>