Friday 28 April 2017

Two quilts, many hands

I've got a double finish today--
two string quilts made from one all day sew-in this winter.
I asked my friends to contribute 6 inch blocks in greens, blues, and neutrals.


We made this 60 by 80 inch donation quilt
but I still had dozens of blocks left.


So I put together this one
and added a narrow interior border, getting it up to 57 inches square.

I used some spare blocks made on the diagonal]
to get that green backing up to size.

And now I have a pair of sibling quilts waiting for a new home.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers at



12 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Both of these turned out so beautifully. I am sure they will make the recipients very happy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are both SO amazing - I love that one with the blue string blocks as an inner border!! STunning

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

These are wonderful! What a great use of scraps! I might just "borrow" this idea!
Cheers,
Sylvia at Treadlestitches

maggie fellow said...

really great quilts

patty a. said...

I love both of them! What a great way to use up those scraps by all!

Ariane said...

I love both of these quilts! They are beautiful!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Two great scrappy quilts! I'm sure they will be loved.

Louise said...

Lovely quilts! I especially like how you used the darker blue blocks to create an inner border. Clever!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and in a color palette that I particularly like.

Janice Holton said...

Love the two tones of blue! Great feature!

Ann said...

What a lovely pair! I especially enjoyed looking at the subtle variations between the two quilts. They'll be perfect for siblings. Congratulations.

Helen said...

These look so beautiful!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>