Friday 5 May 2017

Small finishes for Friday

Sometimes a little fabric aquisition road trip
inspires me to new places.
Like this bobby pin fabric which shouted at me from the sale bin
to make something from it.

So I did. Here is the bigger size and the smaller one,
just the right size for bobby pins.

Here's the five I've made from the half metre cut.
I could probably make another five,
but I'm running out of the right colours for the zippers
and I'm pretty committed to using my 10 cent thrift shop ones
instead of buying retail.

I'm posting the selvage info here because
this fabric got lots of interest on Instagram when I posted it there.
If you're on IG, please follow me at @brendasuderman

I'm also finished with this wool and polyester crazy quilt.
I tore off the back years ago so now it is just the crazy piecing
on a muslin back.
It doesn't have a sentimental meaning for my family
and no one is sure where it came from
so I'm giving it a local friend
who gives new life to all types of lost and lonely linens.

I finished this set of solid placemats for my SIL recently
quilting them with the walking foot on my Juki
and figuring out different designs for each one.


Here's a shot where you can see the quilting on them.
That's the back on the far right placemat.
I picked a backing fabric that hides the stains.
I figure the blue is the company side and the striped is the everyday side.

I'm linking up to other Friday finishers.

4 comments:

Leanne Parsons said...

I love that the placemats have a company side and an everyday side! What a great idea. They're beautiful too :) The bobby pin fabric is cute and makes for great bags.

Bonnie said...

Those pouches are darling. I really like all the different sizes of them. Great job on the placemats too.

Ann said...

The curved stitching on the laager pouch is a charming detail with the yellow corners. Thanks for the inspiration. And congratulations on many finishes. So nice to get things done and on their way to new homes.

grammajudyb said...

That bobby pin fabric is just too cute! Hopefully you will be able to acquire a few more "cheap" bright zippers. Or maybe a drawstring bag is in the future for those bobby pins!!! Love the idea of company side and everyday side to the placemats......now if I could just get Hubby to use the everyday side!!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>