Friday 7 April 2017

Bright finish for Friday


Sunny stars
40 inches square
machine pieced and quilted on my Juki with Aurifil thread

One big finish to share here today:
this baby quilt made from all 42 squares in a charm pack.
I added the white and the orange yardage.

Here's the quilt after washing.
Since I didn't prewash the charm pack,
I washed the quilt to make sure the reds didn't bleed.
My colour catchers were only slightly discoloured.

This quilt is going to a new baby who was due in April
but made an early appearance in January.
She's still in hospital but the quilt is ready for her when she finally goes home.


Oops! I ran a blogiversary giveaway here nearly two months ago
and never announced the winner.
I've mailed Patty the quilt lady this zipper bag with a sewing comic.

I'm thankful for all my readers over the past nine years!


I'm linking up with other Friday finishers



8 comments:

patty a. said...

Your baby quilt turned out wonderful! My goodness that baby must have been small! There was a set of twins in my family that showed up early - about 5 weeks - and the one was much smaller than the other, but they were both small - both less than 4 pounds each. They did real well and only spent about two weeks in the hospital.

I will let you know when that cute pouch arrives!

Linda said...

Love your cheerful baby quilt. A real ray of sunshine to welcome a special baby home. Great job!

Kat said...

Beautiful quilt! I love how you extended the design into the borders. I'm sure baby and parents will love it!

Ramona said...

Your baby quilt is so happy and cheerful. I love the colors. And you came up with a great way to use all of the charms.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is so b right and cheerful!! I love those colors!

Shelley Folkerts said...

I love how your Sunny Stars baby quilt turned out! Taking the design out into the borders has a really neat effect. The sewing comic bag is really cute as well. Thanks for linking up with this week's TGIFF.

em's scrapbag said...

Such a happy quilt, perfect for a baby quilt!

Ann said...

The white sets those lovely warm colors off so well in your baby quilt. Congratulations on the new arrival. And on your blogoversary.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>