Friday 20 January 2017

Late or early finishes?

I finished up this mini Amish-inspired bar quilt last year,
but forgot to show it here.

It measures about 8.5 by 9 inches
and the dense machine quilting shrunk it a bit.


I made a three pillowcases from two fabrics yesterday.
I have a stack of large scale prints I bought especially for pillowcases
for future gifts, and now I have started the process of cutting and sewing them.

Either I'm late or really early,
but I've finished two Christmas tree quilts 
made from one piece of patchwork that was kicking around my sewing space for too long.
So I cut a tree shape from it
and sewed the two triangle together with a centre stem

To make this tree.

Here's both of them. 
They measure 14 inches high and are heavily quilted 
in the background with feathers in one tree
and a variety of loops in the other.

I also knit two pussyhats, inspired by all the pink hats I saw on Instragram,
from one skein of acrylic yarn.

And I had a little friend test out this finished baby quilt.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers:

7 comments:

Ann said...

Cute pillowcases. I recognize the peach fabric from my own stash. (Always fun to see others have the same taste.) I like the fabric strip you made for your Christmas trees.

Schulz Family said...

visiting from "Can I get a Whoop". I love the Christmas tree. Good use of the block

em's scrapbag said...

You've been busy. The Christmas tress turned out great! Cute little model!

Cathy Tomm said...

Oh I love the pillow cases and the Trees wall quilts. So much got finished.

Cher said...

so inspiring to see you making a start on 2017 Christmas gifts! wow you are doing great with so much getting done..thanks for your post

ps my google mailing address is wrong and I have not been able to change it..sheesh. cher0427@yahoo.com is correct

Mary Marcotte said...

Goodness, you've been busy! Those Christmas tree quilts are adorable. I like the white sashing between the colors. I don't think I've seen that before but it adds a wow factor. Cute kiddo trying testing your work. I bet she's a fun one to play with!

patty a. said...

You got a lot done! I feels good to get those lingering project finally done doesn't it?

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>