Tuesday 25 October 2016

Big show, great time!

I was on the road earlier this month,
headed from Winnipeg to Des Moines, Iowa 
to attend the AQS show there
and see the exhibit of barn quilts
curated by Julie Sefton, author of  Build-a-Barn.

This is the first time I've been part of a big show like this
and I'm not embarrassed to say that I hung around the barn display
for a bit longer than necessary,
and engaged quite a few show-goers in conversation.

My quilt is at left with some of the other quilts
Well, we're not secret anymore!

Here's my quilt,
machine quilted by Chris Ballard.

I find these shows just a bit overwhelming in their quilty goodness.
It was fun to see friends' quilts in the amazing competition quilts.

like Lynne Tyler's chicken quilt,
which I watched her build from afar

and Julie's small word quilt with its inspirational message,
which I think was made from letters abandoned by Lynne.

And of course, the quilt that started the SSOBB:
See Rock City, made by Julie,
exhibited first at AQS Grand Rapids in 2013,
where I met Julie in person too!


4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh what a great post! So much fun to see our quilts hanging where people can enjoy them. Thanks for sharing these with all of us!

Quiltdivajulie said...

p.s. All of the individual letters in CREATE WITH ABANDON (except for the W) were indeed orphans or misfits from Lynne.

joe tulips said...

And we were SO CLOSE and yet so far!

patty a. said...

It is always fun to see a piece you made hung in a public setting! Congratulations!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>