Friday 28 October 2016

Big time crafting and quilting

14 by 44 inches
machine pieced and quilted with faced binding.

I'm heading out to the Winnipeg Art Gallery later today
to see my quilted banner on display
as part of their annual Crafted Show and Sale.
which runs today and tomorrow.
I made it with a range of hand dyed fabrics,
and the letters are pieced in.

Here you can see them before they were trimmed.




The letters are bigger than I'm used to,
measuring about 12 inches high,
with lots of curved and bias edges.


I quilted in different motifs around each letter
and there's lots of quilting in this one.

This is a juried craft show in the city's biggest art gallery.
The organizers also asked for 40 by 60 inch quilts
 to be donated to the local children's hospital.
This is the back of mine

and this is the front,
now hanging in the soaring entrance in the gallery foyer,
along with 150 others.

I helped hang quilts on Monday morning when the gallery was closed,
and here's a shot of a few of the bigger quilts
hanging from the mezzanine wall.
It's not a great shot, but my mother's donation 
is the one at the far left.

My little word quilt is being held up by a beaver made of bark
and wrapped up in a donated quilt.
It will be the first thing people see when they enter the gallery.

If you're local, head over to the WAG today between noon and 9.
Tomorrow's hours are 11 to 5 p.m.

Linking up with other Friday finishers




4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Way to go - what a great welcoming sign for visitors to see!

Bonnie said...

I love your banner. It really gives a modern look to sewing letters. I might have to try something like this some day.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

So many beautiful quilts, and your Crafted quilt has wonderful quilting on it. Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>