Wednesday 9 March 2016

Before the snow melted

I took advantage of some fresh snow last weekend to dye fabric.
This is the yellow bin.

(Yes, we still have snow in these parts, but not for long!)

And this is the one with yellow on one side and blue on the other.


I overdyed vintage linens like this in with blue
and I really like the feathered results.


I also dyed some white on white yardage
bottom left and bottom right
while my friend A. threw some prints and bits of unbleached cotton
into the bins.



This tote bag came out of the pail with the two colours.


Here's the back.

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday


3 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Those look so neat! Such a unique look to them!

Dolores said...

Nice results. I'd love to try snow dying one day.

patty a. said...

We only had enough snow to do some dyeing in February, but it never lasted to the weekend when I had time. Your dyeing is beautiful! Thanks for the link WIP hookup. I added my post today to each blog as I am in the throws of sewing the Nocturne quilt together.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>