Thursday 23 October 2014

Flying south for the winter

(light spot is from a sunny fall day)
I decided to put the Accuquilt Go cutter to good use
and started cutting flying geese out of solids.
The beauty of using solids is that I don't need to worry
about right sides and wrong sides
or left and right triangles.

I nearly wore out a cutting mat cutting parts for 200 or so flying geese.
This will become a full-sized quilt for DS2.
I like how the dog ears are already trimmed
and if I have an accurate 1/4 inch seam
the flying geese units are ready to go without trimming.


My system with the Go cutter is to cut the big pieces first
and then keep cutting smaller and smaller shapes.
These blue and green squares were left from cutting the flying geese.
The blocks are for a group quilt for a local charity.

I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network.

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Looks good. Do you find you have much waste when using the Go?

Nifty Quilts said...

I also love my Accuquilt Baby Go for triangles. It makes chain piecing so easy. Your solid flying geese look great!

antique quilter said...

the solid flying geese look great! wow I didn't know you could wear out a cutting template for the go! figured they lasted a life time!
great charity blocks, always good to be able to use leftovers!
Kathie

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>