Friday 17 October 2014

Small finishes on Friday



I'm finally getting my creative mojo back, 
with the help of bits and pieces from others.
I used string-pieced bits from L. to make three of these potholders
and some of the yardage for the windmill one.


Part of the package included a bunch of 1.5 inch strips
in Christmas colours,
which I used to make a table runner.


And here's the back, using an autumn print 
from the same pile of goodies from L,
making this a two-season table runner.


This lonely card trick block is now a Christmas centrepiece.


And in other small finishes, I replaced the lights on my Singer Featherweights
with LED lights from Brad Slaughter.
I made the switch after burning my hand on the incandescent light
after only a few minutes of sewing.

These are great little machines, but the light was always a problem.
I'm taking this  beauty and her table to an upcoming retreat
and now I don't have to worry about injuries from a hot light.


I'm linking up with  other Friday finishers
over at Sarah's and Amanda's blogs.

8 comments:

beth said...

What a great bunch of projects!

LA Paylor said...

I am just envious of the machine... have fun at the retreat with her! Wonder just how many times she's been to sewing outings in her life?
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

sewyouquilt2 said...

great finishes. you are inspiring.

patricia said...

I have an old singer too - 15K - how do you replace the old light with LED?
pat

antique quilter said...

oh love those pot holders and great table runner!
have fun at the retreat…
Kathie

Marge Gordon said...

Yes please share how you converted your Featherweight light bulb. I sew in the dark rather than burn myself.

Barb said...

great small projects. cute table runner. Good for you for getting the jump on Christmas.
what a great lighting idea for the feather weight.

Christine Slaughter said...

Brad and I are thrilled that you like your new LED!! It's great to know that they work in the 222K as well. Thanks for linking over to the website too!

Happy sewing and enjoy your retreat! Your machine is a beauty!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>