Friday 2 March 2012

Quilting in the kitchen....and the sewing room

This week's quilting finishes live in the kitchen with new tangerine teapot.
This is side one of the stacking dolls tea cozy.
I fussy cut them and appliqued them on a Kona Espresso background.

This is side two, where I used a bit of the fabric trimmed with burnt orange and green.

And this is the inside, with burnt orange binding, so its fully reversible.

These are my other kitchen finishes: two potholders made from the scrap bin.

And see: this one plays nicely with the new tea pot too!

I finally hung some mini quilts from recent swaps in my sewing room.
The two solid ones in the top row are from swaps over at 15 minutes play
and I made the sewing machine quilt..

A full length shot of what's hanging above my Elna table.

And a wide shot  with another quilt I finally hung: Amish Silk Strings.
You can find the tutorial for curved string piecing on my tutorial page.
Thanks for stopping by to admire my little finishes this week.
I'm linking up with Amanda's Finish It Fridays.

4 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I don't do tea, but love your cozy. So fun to see your collection of little quilts all hung together, one familar one fits in nicely!

Nicole said...

That is the cutest little tea cozy!

Taos Sunflower said...

The tea cozy is fun but I'm really in love with the potholders.

Sheila said...

I love your Pot Holders!!! And your wall hangings!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>