Monday 5 March 2012

A quilt for an alert baby

My oldest child was one of those really alert babies who didn't want to miss a thing
 (which really means he didn't sleep much during his first year.)
And which also means I didn't have much time for myself.

Remembering those years, I made a quilt for an alert baby.
37.5 by 37.5 inches
This quilt top has lots going on for a not-sleepy baby:
narrow strings of many fabrics, finishing at 3/4 inch ,
including brights and black and whites,
a bright kelly green background,
and colourful dots in a black background.


And if that wide-awake baby doesn't have enough to look it,
that baby can learn the primary colours
and count the dots on the back.
Read the story behind this quilt over at the String Thing Along blog.

And my alert baby?
He's now thoughtful, intelligent 18-year-old man
about to graduate high school and start university.
And he still doesn't need much sleep!


I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

carol fun said...

Great quilt - I love how the colors just pop! This will certainly keep a baby occupied. Happy stitching!

Barb said...

Congrats to your alert baby....

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I too love scrappy quilts for babies; they provide lots of hours of fun for both maker and baby! The bright green pulls all the colours together. Love it !
I am looking forward to start on my own string projects soon.

Clare said...

Great quilt. Love the dots.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>