Thursday 5 January 2012

First finishes of 2012 and last finishes of 2011

I've been playing in my sewing room and came up with these 12.5 inch blocks.
The black and white ones are for a guild member who is making quilts
for a family who experienced both a death and a fire over the holidays.
The blue/green/white ones I put together from leftovers from another baby quilt.




Here they are put together in a 9 patch formation to measure 36 inches square.

I'm going to quilt circles of feathers in the blank blocks like this.
I
I worked on donation blankets for a relief organization as well. I put together two tops from oldies and uglies to come up with two tops we tied over the New Year's weekend with my extended family.

My mother has two banquet-sized tables, so it was easy to layer them and tie them.
The log cabin blanket uses a cheater cloth.

And this is the last finish of 2011. My niece and sister helped me finish tieing it over the holidays.
I made the top from strips cut from my mother's unwanted fabrics,
and sewed them together in a modified jelly roll race.

3 comments:

Miri said...

Wow you've been busy! Love the 9 patch top and your idea of quilting feathers in the setting squares will be just gorgeous!

ktquilts said...

Great blocks, the quilting will be lovely!

bethanndodd said...

Great finishes! All of your quilts are lovely! Smiles~Beth

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>