Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Bs are buzzing in

I've been shamelessly soliciting capital Bs from my blogging friends in order to make a quilt of liberated letters in honour of my upcoming 50th birthday. This is out of character for me, since usually I'm asking people to help me make a quilt on someone else's behalf. But this one is all about me....and you. If you're interested in making a B for me, check out this post on Brenda's Big B Birthday B. Making a B shouldn't take more than about 20 minutes, a few scraps, and maybe a dollar in postage.
I got my first B in the mail yesterday. Thanks Michele of Nostalgic Cafe for the fun fabrics in this great letter.

This one is from my mother, Blogless Meg, who nailed it in her first attempt at free-pieced letters. She used scraps from a quilt we're making together for this B.
Here's what I have so far on my design wall. I've been seeing a few Bs popping up in the blogosphere, including these over here at Unruly Quilting.

My mother also brought me these fat quarters from the sale bin in a quilt shop in Mesa, Arizona. I love the text prints and the bright colours.
These prints are Disney Elements. The one at the left has words from Snow White and the other from Pinocchio.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

the B's look great together. Woohoo for Blogless Mom! I admit I haven't gotten a package into the mail for you yet. procrastinator tonya, as usual. what was the due date again?

VivJM said...

I'm off to post my "B" to you in a bit...if you want a sneak preview, there's a pic on my blog. If you want a surprise don't look!! Great block from Blogless Mum xx

rubyslipperz1052 said...

THIS is theeee COOLest idea!! My fingers are itching to get to my fabric, machine and stuff...

Thank you for the GREAT pics and info!

hugZ,
annie

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>