Thursday 20 January 2011

playing with scraps and a bit of quilting


I've had these words kicking around my sewing room for too long, so yesterday I put them together into a little quilt, about 19 by 21. Since I used scraps for the word (I think they were from Tonya) I had to use strings on the border. I've finished machine quilting this with paisleys in the white and stitch in the ditch in the border and now all it needs is a binding before it can hang in my sewing space, and maybe grace the top of my blog as a title picture. I think the picture doesn't really show the texture of the freemotioning -- I really have to go buy a new camera asap. I'm thinking either a Canon G12 or a S95. any reviews on those point and shoot models?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I really like the scrap letters.
No advice on the camera. I have a very cheap little Kodak Easyshare. I like it but the pictures aren't nearly as good as with our Pentax SLR. But that one is too heavy for me esp when travelling.

Karen said...

So cute, we should all do that with our blog names :)!!

Barb said...

What a cute quilt!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the quilt!

camera recommendation: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 it has a big aperture of 2.0 so it's much better in low light than lots of other cameras. leica lens. I love mine.

LizA. said...

go here for reviews on just about any camera you might be interested in:
http://dpreview.com/

besides the reviews there are forums where you can read about people who actually have and use the camera you are interested in.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>