Thursday 20 January 2011

A close-up of the quilting


I've had my Juki for only two months, and I can't quite believe I'm showing you this, but here's the paisley filler design on the white background. You can see how the dense filler quilting makes the letters pop. I wasn't happy with the lack of definition on the previous post, so I tried another photo session.

Isn't it a pretty machine? I'm quite taken with my new Juki TL 98Q, except I can't get the needle threader to work. Otherwise, it's zoom, zoom, finished!

Here you can see how puffy the letters are in contrast to the surrounding areas.

But when I try a straight on shot, the quilting disappears into the white fabric. I included the tips of my limey green Betula/Birksenstock fabric-covered clogs which are my winter indoor footwear. They even have lime green soles! not pretty, but the local Birk dealer was selling them for $30, so well worth it for an indoor shoe.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous!!!

Paulette said...

Wow, the quilting is beautiful!

I have that Juki, and while I haven't attempted anything remotely like that for quilting yet, I can tell you how the needle-threader works. I had all but given up on figuring it out, but then I tried it again one day (and thought I had to be doing it wrong)and it worked!

Thread the machine up through the last holder before threading the needle. Hold the thread in your left hand, push the white button the threader down all the way with your right and hold it there. Take the thread in your left hand and hold it just around back of the metal thing on the threader. Then bring it through under the threader in that white groove. (It won't feel like it's doing much of anything but sitting there.) Let the thread go from your left hand, and also release the white lever on the needle threader. It should thread the needle, leaving you with a loop you can pull through. Hope it works. If not, let me know and I'll take pics for ya. It's a really cool feature once you figure it out!

Ellen said...

This came out really nice! Beautiful!!!

Karen said...

Great word quilt. You have done a fabulous job with the quilting. Go the Birkys!!! I love mine.

VivJM said...

Fantastic quilt & the quilting really does it justice. Lovely!

Joyce said...

Great quilting job! Makes me think I have to move beyond meander...

Quiltdivajulie said...

Just look at you ... great little quilt (and quilting!).

WOO HOO!

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, the letters do look almost puffy. Neat!

Clare said...

woohoo - love it! The letters are great!

Lori said...

Its fantastic! Nice job on the quilting!!

Helen in the UK said...

What a great little quilt - love how you've used some different fabrics within the letters! Wonderful quilting too. PERFECT :)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>