Sunday 5 December 2010

More play with words

Only a few more days until Tonya Ricucci's book Word Play Quilts is released by Martingdale Books, so I'm showing you more work influenced by her.  This one was made for Lazy Gal's House and Home and Pantry challenge two years ago. I combined words with wonky houses and trees for a quilt for my teenage son, called Advice from Home, because it contains all those reminders I said every day as he grew up. (I'm embarrassed to say it is not quilted yet, but my new machine is waiting to have a go!)

Around the same time, I used up lots and lots of bits and pieces from my mom to make this quilt for my children's elementary school teacher, whose name is Sid. I showed off my skill at capital letters here.

10 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful quilts that each have a story!

Clare said...

What I'm loving about the build up to publication date is going round everyone's blogs and seeing old favourites. Love Advice from Home.

beth said...

I love both quilts! Get that first one quilted! It's amazing.

Millie said...

I love, love, LOVE the house and words quilt. I love your letters. I love the way they bounce around and have such energy!

9patchnurse said...

Gaaaahh! I have Tonya's book on my xmas wish list and you're making me want it RIGHT NOW! I love your quilts. Phrases and words really make a quilt special. I'm getting ideas right and left.

Sujata Shah said...

I love the quilt. Fun words to put on it and make it even more meaningful. Can't wait for my very own copy.. I missed out on the instructions.. wasn't a blogger then. I am so glad her book is coming out!

Helen in the UK said...

Love the quilts :)

Cindy said...

Really love those quilts! The combination of houses, trees, and words are just fantastic!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh my I love those. The star one I especially favor.

Gari in AL said...

That kid's quilt is wonderful. I wish I had been quilting when my children left for college, I would love to have sent that with them.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>