Monday 6 December 2010

More words on quilts

Reviewing my quilts over the past couple of years in honour of Tonya's new book Word Play Quilts,, it seems that I've been very wordy.

Baskets of News, 36 by 39 inches, combines wonky baskets with a little newspaper joke.

My first priority quilts (9 by 12 inches or smaller) for Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. The top one sold for $100. I've made another 10 or so since.


I've even sewn words for homework. This was my second word quilt, and it depicts a biblical genealogy (Matt. 1:1-17 if you're interested.) Right now, it is hanging in my church during Advent season.

And then I started piecing words for the back of quilts. This is a label for the quilt on my bed:

And this is the back of the genealogy quilt



All of these quilts, except for Ecumenical Squares, are hand-quilted, even through all those seam allowances around the letters.

10 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

I love your quilts. First one is my favorite. Oh how badly I want to travel back two years and join all the fun that you all were having. Can't wait to try the words myself!

Dolores said...

I'm impressed - hand quilted. Way to go.

Clare said...

I am having so much fun going round the ring looking at all the quilts.

I'm amazed at how many AAQI quilts we've all made between us.

Cindy said...

Really love your quilts! Got a chuckle over the name of the basket quilt....so clever!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Love all your quilts, especially the baskets. Great stuff!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You already know how much I love your word quilts ... and I'm especially loving how much joy and excitement our word quilts are creating today in honor of Tonya's book release . . . WHAT FUN!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful quilts. wonderful.

Erika Mulvenna said...

Really great job on piecing those words - your quilts are wonderful!

Have you discovered www.WeAllSew.com yet to see all the folks sharing what they are stitching up, too?

Heidi said...

the basket quilt is my favorite too, but all quilts are beautiful

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>