Wednesday 22 September 2010

Strip piecers show and tell

The Strip Piecers, my local guild, had some fun show and tell this week. But after dragging my own projects to show and a box of old jeans (this bunch loves to recycle denim), I forgot my camera!Thankfully, Laura didn't, and she's got some lovelies to share with you over at  Prairie Peasant. Make sure you see the post below too for her great purple and green quilt.The "lobster" quilt  here was our first group effort as a guild. We each strip-pieced sections, then I put them together and bordered them with lobster fabric. That same fabric keeps popping up on subsequent projects. It's even in the ticker tape quilt I made in a recent guild challenge. Take a look at the bottom row.

10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Do you mind if I use your mosaic tile idea? Not sure if or when anything will come of it but I do LOVE the idea! Thanks . . .

Love the scrappiness you've shared!

SandyQuilts said...

Oh my gosh love that lobster border ... that is so funny. I have some fabric with big lips/teeth ... perfect. THANK YOU

Sylvia said...

Your tile quilt is wicked!

joyce said...

omigosh. I just tried to comment on that ticker quilt on your flicker photostream, but couldn't. That is ridiculously amazing.

joyce said...

I'm also ticked that I just gave a box of jean pieces to the local thrift shop. I shudder to fear that they might have thrown them into the dumpster..... Should I keep your group in mind for further overflow purges?

Tonya Ricucci said...

so fun to see the lobster strippy quilt again - love that one! and the tile quilt looks great too!

CharlotteP said...

Your ticker tape tile quilt is fabulous! Great to see how different people's fabric choices can work so well together in a single quilt!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Not a scrap goes to waste when you're around! Great fun quilts.

Sharon said...

I love that lobster fabric! When I was on the charity quilts committee, we had some of the fabric. To everyone's dismay, I INSISTED that it go into a few scrap quilts. When I moved, they gave the rest of the lobster fabric! *grin*

Your tile quilt is amazing!

Haha - my word for verification is "mends"!

Sherri Lynn Wood said...

Strip piecing rocks. I love both of these quilts.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>