Tuesday 21 September 2010

vroom vroom vroom quilting

Sometimes when people hear we are quilters, a commission results
it may be slightly out of our comfort level....or interest

but there's an owner for every quilt.....even a HOG quilt.
This is the two-sided Harley-Davidson motorcycle t-shirt quilt my mother just finished, using the fronts of 40 Harley t-shirts, interfaced, and sashed in a quilt-as-you-go method.
.....and before you ask.....
She's not taking any more t-shirt quilt commissions...

(she even passed on that orange solid to me....so that's it for her HOG quilting days.)

8 comments:

Myra said...

LOL! 8-)
It turned out great though didn't it!?! 8-)

Joyce said...

I know somebody who would do almost anything to get his hands on that quilt! Great job.

Teresa Rawson said...

Some tough biker dude was probably almost moved to tears over this - it is awesome!! (Hopefully it was OK with him to cut up his shirts, LOL!!)

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I ride one, i just don't have a quilted one! I have enough shirts for one though! ;-) Looks great, I am sure IT WILL BE LOVED! harley folks love this stuff!

Maria said...

It does look great finished and as you say ever quilt has an owner.

Janet said...

I was at a biker's toy run in small town Canada the other day. 621 bikers (or should I say bikes) participated. I'm sure that's a small drop in the bucket of North American's who love their motorcycles. Your mother could probably make lots more of these quilts. It does look good.

Tonya Ricucci said...

those are some awesome t-shirts. vrrooooom!

joyce said...

I dunno... She totally looks like a biker chick to me...

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>