Tuesday 9 February 2010

Lazy Gal's Liberated Amish Challenge

I've been intending to play with my solid fabrics for a long time, and I joined Lazy Gal's Liberated Amish Challenge to push me in that direction. The guidelines are to pick a quilt from Amish Abstractions and to liberate it in some way a la Gwen Marston, as well as incorporating some liberated letters by Lazy Gal Tonya on the top. I've chosen to liberate Joseph's coat No. 87 and I've had a little go at it by sewing some strips together.
Then I put them on point like this:
Read more about this challenge here.

In giveaway news, I finished the selvage tea cozy yesterday and quilted it using parallel (sort of) lines of a serpentine stitch, set on its widest width on my machine. I'm going to use that again for future machine quilting projects. Take a look below:

4 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! I see some solid fun going on! have fun playing and finding your liberated way!

antique quilter said...

I really like what you have done with the solids....looks great a liberated amish...
LOL
Kathie

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Yea! I love it, really great.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a great tea cozy. Love the selvedges.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>