Thursday 14 January 2010

Hearts for Leukemia


I finished my heart quilt, bound and washed it. It measures 36 inches square, is backed with blue cloud-patterned flannel, bound with a red and white valentine print, which is visible in the block in the bottom border. Clare asked if I could donate this to a child suffering from leukemia, through her Quilts4Leukaemia blog, and the heart label on the bottom left shows that. You can see my machine quilting in the white -- I'm seeing this as a practice piece--using variagated red, white and blue thread. And here's a another pix of the quilt alone. Thanks to all of you for your kind comments, and to Cindy Carter for featuring this quilt on her blog. Along with my three AAQI quilts, this makes four finishes for 2010.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Looks great. I know this will be such a warm "quilted hug" for the child and the family. Very nice.

beth said...

four finishes! woo hoo! THis heart quilt is lovely and will make someone very happy!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wonderful quilt, it will bring someone a lot of comfort

Rene' said...

What a wonderful quilt to give to a child. It is beautiful! I love the heart and the variegated thread used for quilting.

Clare said...

It's lovely. Thank you so much. May I take the photo from your blog?

Myra said...

It turned out wonderful Brenda! Going to a good cause too! 8-)
Good for you!

Andrea, the little collector said...

I really like the wavy quilting on this heart quilt! And Clare's project is such a great one. How fun to help out.

I also really like those spider web blocks above. Those red edges really pop.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>