Monday 28 September 2009

home sweet home


Houses are springing up on my design wall lately. I started with the row of four, and then was inspired to make the smaller houses I've been seeing in the blogosphere. To balance them, I made some really big houses. My theme has been black and white and touches of lime green.


Top left is a strawberry from Very Hungry Caterpillar scraps. At right are two houses made from a selvage someone sent me -- the green squares look like windows which is very fun.

Below are some of the greens in my stash that I'm auditioning for borders/sashing/piano keys. I'm hoping to get this to throw size.

7 comments:

Donna said...

love the tiny houses -- the selvage boxes as windows is a great idea.

Millie said...

Love the houses - even the tiny ones. LOVE the one with the strawberry!

PrairiePeasant said...

I love those wonky houses. One day I will make some. And I'm seeing a nice row of blocks at the top--nice colours!

PrairiePeasant said...

And I just noticed your new banner....

Libby said...

Love it!

Joyce said...

I love your houses. Now I'm feeling inspired to do some more of my own...

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love your house blocks how adorable! Hugs, Mary

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>