Monday 21 September 2009

More selvage experiments


click on photo to enlarge
I've been making tea cozies again, viewing them as small palettes on which to try new things. At left are the selvage flying geese from the Selvage Blog. The middle right is the flip side of the flying geese cozy, and the bottom is a scrap of the fruity ladies fabric pieced to a bright green Michael Miller plaid print for the inside of the cozy. Because the inside is just as fun as the outside, I made the cozy reversible by covering the seam with commercial bias tape. I'm trying to resist my natural inclination to hand sew the second edge of the tape, so I can make these more efficiently and improve my machine binding skills.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

~Niki~ said...

Very nice. I love the one on the rt that looks like a rainbow. Haven't tried selvege quilts yet.

Joyce said...

Nice. I like things that are reversible. It's like getting two for one.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

You've been busy! There's going to be a lot of hot tea. Well, I really admire your creativity.

Purple Pam said...

Love the tea cozies. I need to make one, but have not taken the time. Winter is coming. Need more tea!

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Your selvage projects are cute!!!

I too love to play in my scraps!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>