Saturday 15 August 2009

A tiny bit of sewing going on here

My guild is having a monthly challenge, and this one is due at our first meeting in September. Each month we will make two 12 inch finished blocks according to stipulations set out by that month's challenger. The woman setting the challenge this month was fairly easy on us, asking us to make these framed shoo-fly blocks in pink. My biggest challenge was finding any light or hot pinks, and I settled for purple, which was also acceptable. After I finished my blocks, I found a bag of pinks I had put away for another purpose. Maybe the challenge is being organized enough to complete the challenge. I've decided to challenge myself throughout the year and make an additional wonky block in solids, so by June, I'll have enough for a small quilt. And yes, the light pinks in the centre are two different shades -- there wasn't enough of one or the other. My other personal challenge is to use the stash exclusively for this challenge. Of course, if others insist on pinks, I might have to shop. (oops, the one part of this challenge we didn't talk about is whether it is secret or not. So fellow Strip Piecers, avert your eyes!)

6 comments:

Donna said...

love the liberated block -- feels so "relaxed" beside the two precision blocks. :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

ditto what Pix said. you'll have a really fun quilt in solids when you're done.

Sharon said...

Yes, ALWAYS the challenge is being organized to find what you need! :)

Your blocks looks great, and I love the liberated one. That's a great idea to do one just for you.

Janet said...

Using just from your stash is a challenge. I was sure I would have the right fabric to bind my MS donation quilt but alas, it was off to the fabric store.

PrairiePeasant said...

That's a great idea to make an extra block. You've got me thinking now. I should make an extra block with my fabric from the last challenge to make a few more blocks.....

CT said...

I love how the liberated shoo fly looks next to the other! sort of like the carefree sister who makes faces when having her photo taken while her sisters struggle not to giggle at her antics!!!

Brenda, I tagged you on my blog!!! I would really like to know more about you!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>