Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy birthday Eric!

Valentine's Day is the day I became a mother for the first time. My son is now 15 and this morning instead of a birthday card, I made him a table square measuring 19 inches across. I had made the heart blocks for his Advice from Home quilt, but decided a teenage boy wouldn't want that many hearts on his quilt, so I made something to put on for the birthday dinner table instead, using up some heart prints I inherited from my mother (who also celebrates a birthday today.)
Yesterday instead of joining Quilt Pixie's Friday block party and sewing an incredibly detailed 8 inch block with 69(!) pieces, I made three 12.5 inch star blocks for the Bushfire project (see sidebar.) I used up my heart fabric for them too.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

What a nice valentine gift for you (and your mother)!

Desiree said...

My birthday is today too! I am 23.
I love your star blocks! Happy Birthday to your son (and mother)!

Magpie Sue said...

Great star blocks :- )
Interesting that Valentine birthdays seem to run in your family!

I've been out of the loop for a bit - congratulations on your recent finish of Words Fail Me." There are worse things than being wordy!

hetty said...

What a nice birthday present! Happy Birthday Eric! Love your wonky stars!

em's scrapbag said...

You were wise not to make that block it was a bugger. Your stars look great!

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely! And the bushfire blocks are really nice, and I'm sure will be much appreciated. It's so sad to think of what they are going through.

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hmm.This is beautiful and I love the colors. Thanks for posting. Linda

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>