Wednesday 26 November 2008

Bathroom and hallway quilting

Finally, pictures of different quilts. After five years of working on it (or not working on it, but feeling guilty about it) my T quilt is finally on the wall it was intended for. This skinny tall wall on the second floor landing is now decorated with a skinny tall quilt. I'm liking it against the yellow-gold paint, and I admire it every time I walk by it. My oldest son's first response was wondering where the poster went that used to be on the landing (the temporary decoration until the quilt was done, but it took me so long the temporary became permanent in his mind.)

And here's another quilt up in a permanent way: my To Be quilt is hanging in the bathroom, where it has caused some amusement among houseguests. Since I'm the only one who ever takes a bath in this room (everyone else showers in the other bathroom, if you must know), I figure it's fairly safe from splashes. Plus it adds some splash to the newly repainted walls once held hostage to Laura Ashley-style wallpaper. (nothing against Laura, I just don't like busy wallpaper of any type.)


Here's a closer look at the unmatched points and minimal hand quilting of the T-quilt. I had good intentions of doing dense stippling on it, but just got tired of the whole thing and I had moved on to other quilt relationships. Sometimes done is better than perfect UFO.


Here's A different thing with the "altogether" moved to the right. I'm glad I took the seam ripper to it. See the post below for a comparison.


14 comments:

Vicki W said...

Gosh, the T quilt looks awesome hanging there! The To Be quilt is fantastic too!

jovaliquilts said...

The quilt fits the wall to a "T"! (pun intended) I love the bathroom quilt, too, and such a fun place for it. :)

Don't know what you tried to get that photo at the end, but when I get stuck, I go into the HTML window and grab the photo text and physically move it to where I want it. Blogger has started placing photos differently from how they used to and it's really frustrating.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a marvelous (!!!!) post ~ so many beautiful quilts! Congrats on the "hangings" ~ the results are spectacular.

PrairiePeasant said...

Way to go on completing these projects! I think the T quilt looks quite at home there. And I'm glad you're happy you used the seam ripper on the last one--it looks really well balanced this way.

Carol E. said...

Your quilts look so great! I need to finish my repetition quilt, too. (I made my name a bunch of times.) A bathroom is a cute place to hang it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Whee, wonderful quilts on display. 2B is so fun there.

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilts are lovely. Stopping by in honor of Thanksgiving. Want to thank all the wonderful people in my life. So Thanks!

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clare said...

I've got a special place marked for one of my quilts, but there's a long time to go yet!

The T's are perfect there.

Love that red and white star.

Karen said...

The T quilt is perfect in the landing and blends very nicely with the wall colour. Also, love the bathroom quilt!

Myra said...

Your "T" and "To Be" look great! Your Altogether is awesome too! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your T quilt is just so amazing.

Magpie Sue said...

"different thing" is looking good!

Tracy said...

Love the "T" quilt at the top of the steps! This is one of my favorite patterns that I haven't mastered yet!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>