Monday 3 March 2008

Black and white and re(a)d all over




Here's what I'm calling my newspaper quilt. I've worked for newspapers most of my working life, so hence the pun in the title.


I got inspired to make these wacky baskets from Sara so I got out my stash of reds and blacks and started cutting them. I used the same bias check for all the handles, more because I had yards of it already cut (another inherited item from Mom's stash) than as a unifying element, although it does work that way. I've got 16 made, measuring about 7 by 7.5, and now I don't know what to do with them. And should I leave the pink floral print in, or make another set of pure black and red ones? I could make some words to go around it, or just leave it.

4 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

Your baskets look like so much fun! Very nice! I do like the pink floral in there.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just love the quilt.....

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee, so much fun. love your baskets. Your name looks great. you do have the book Collaborative Quilting, right? If not, go get it. seriously.

Hey, I have that same pink fabric. funny. you know, those pink blocks just don't do anything for me. i want to like them, but I don't. I think the quilt would be graphically stronger without the pink. Do what makes YOU happy though.

Purple Pam said...

The black and white would be great, but what about sashing all these blocks (pink included) with black which would tie it all together? But, as Tonya said, do what you like.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>