Saturday 9 June 2018

Global Village in process

Global Village, 42 by 44 inches
Today is the day this quilt meets its new owner.
I started this house and tree quilt at a retreat in January
and I finished it a month ago.

I love building house quilts, but I find it a challenge to quilt them.
It's tempting to put in many little details to add to the neighbourhood,
but I decided to outline the houses
and add some writing in the sky.

I went with an I-Spy theme for the trees

and added fun details to the windows and doors and roofs.

The mother of the baby lived has lived Zaire, Congo, Brazil, USA, Canada, France and Colombia
so I built houses to reflect the diversity of those places.

I plan to post photos with the baby soon.





7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love your creativity. You had a lot of fun making this quilt.

Julierose said...

this is such an adorable quilt--you did a superb job on it hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

What an amazing and very personal baby quilt -- congrats on the finish (and delivery).

Barb said...

what a super fun house quilt!

viviene joeli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Millie said...

So. Much. Fun!

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out fabulous! I love the string bean tree! I had to be a lot of fun putting in all those details to make the quilt so personal.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>