Friday 16 February 2018

Near finish for Friday

I've been coordinated a guild quilt as you go project

and finished joining the 15 inch blocks together.

The quilt measures 90 inches square with 36 15 inch blocks
I joined the blocks with one-inch strips
and got them all together last weekend while sewing with friends at a local gallery.

I'm backing this with flannel and quilting it at another sew-in this coming holiday Monday.
 I took the leftover light strips, some of which I rejected for being too medium in value,
and joined them to make a 15 by 29 inch table runner.


I dusted off my free motion quilting skills for a design in each strip.
I backed it with a bright Riley Blake print
and bound it all in a neutral.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers


8 comments:

Dolores said...

Love that quilt. Having a 'finish' sure does feel good.

Kat said...

Love how creative this is. Not your usual group quilt. I really like the table runner, too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome runner using the leftovers and the quilt is super! Kudos to all involved.

Kat Scribner said...

Gorgeous quilt. Also love what you did with the leftovers. Lots of scrappy labor going on here! Excellent.

Louise said...

Very nice! I would have have guessed the big quilt is QAYG. The light to mediums make a pretty table runner for spring :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

That quilt is spectacular!! LOVE the little table runner that you made from the leftover neutrals, too.

Carli The Quilter said...

oh my this is a lovely scrappy quilt. thank you so much for sharing this information.

patty a. said...

That quilt is beautiful!! Your table runner looks like spring or Easter! Very pretty!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>