Friday 16 December 2016

Twirling around here

Yesterday's work: transforming a metre of cotton and half a metre of tulle
into a little girl's twirly skirt.
And using up the leftovers to make a matching one for her doll.

I used one eight inch width of fabric for the top tier
and two for the bottom.
I edged the hem with four wof strips of tulle netting.

The skirt is so full it stands up by itself.
My favourite three-year-old wanted a skirt to dance in
and I hope this pink and purple ballet slipper skirt
meets her requirements.

I also turned some scraps of Christmas fabrics into potholders.

I now have young adults on my Christmas list,
and they'll be getting some kitchen gifts from me this year.

I sewed more Christmas fabric scraps into gift bags
and free motioned a message onto one side with some 12 weight Aurifil thread.

Seems like I made more gift bags than Christmas gifts.

And finally, my top photos of the year on Instagram #2016bestnine.
Follow me @brendasuderman


I'm linking up with other Friday finishers.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a marvelous post full of colorful heartfelt stitching. love your top nine from IG!

patty a. said...

My goodness you have been busy sewing! The skirt is so cute and I am sure the potholders will be welcomed! I need to get my Xmas sewing done. I need to make a couple pillowcases and a stocking for sure. Not much, but I have a bit of a cold that is slowing me down.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>