Thursday 3 November 2016

Bag lady

I've been playing around with upholstery samples recently,
sewing them into bags of various shapes,
depending on the size of the sample.
Here are some box pouches measuring about 6 inches by 4.5.
All of these use 8 inch zippers scored from my local thrift store
for 10 cents each.

I engineered some fabric from braid to make a bag

and then took it a step further by sewing zippers between the braid

With a facing and a lining, it's now a five zipper, five compartment pouch!



Here's the whole bunch.
They're all headed to a local charity craft sale at the end of the month.

I'm off to a retreat this weekend 
and will work on my quilty projects there.
Just packing up the Singer Featherweight and its folding table now.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers at:
TGIFF


7 comments:

Ariane said...

These are so cute!!

patty a. said...

What a lovely group of pouches! I am sure they will all be sold!

Jennifer said...

Oh my, so many cute bags. I bet they are sold out in no time.

Carli The Quilter said...

Bravo! Great job and such lovely bags, have fun at your retreat!

Ann said...

What a lovely group of bags for your craft sale. Congratulations.

ChezVies said...

this is cute and great idea. I never try using upholstery fabric for pouches. Maybe it's time to try one

Anonymous said...

Cute cute bags! Great idea using upholstery fabric.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>