Monday 18 July 2016

Quilt as you go hexies


I've been hand stitching hexies lately,
first on vacation in the Rockies,
and now with friends at home during my Wednesday evening quilt camp.



I put together a visual tutorial so you can see my process.
I cut the hexgons with a Go! die.
The big one is 2.5 inches on the sides, and the smaller one is 1.5 inches.

I'm having fun with these, matching up fronts and backs
and using up little bits of batting trimmed from quilts.


This full-sized quilt by Elsie Peters of Winkler, Manitoba is my inspiration.
She use different sized hexagons so the border is a bit narrower.
I like the subdued effect from her colour choices, but I've been cutting into Kaffe prints and hand dyes so mine will be brighter.


No comments:

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>