Friday 29 January 2016

It's a plus that I'm finished

A Positive Addition
42 by 42 inches
machine pieced and quilted

I'm sharing this plus quilt now,
although I finished it before Christmas,
because it's now in the hands of its new owner.

Well, maybe not quite.

It's in the hands of the owner's mother,
since baby is still gestating.
The mother and I sit on a board together
and we gave her gifts after her last meeting before baby.

The expectant mom (and the dad) are both accountants,
so that makes this plus quilt even more special.
I used a mash-up of four charm packs,
including fabrics with numbers and plus signs.

It's now waiting bedside for the new owner.

This isn't quite a finish, but a big step forward.
My friendship star is pin basted,
with the help of Mr. Scraps and Scraps Jr.
I find it difficult to baste on the floor due to back issues,
but these guys, one almost 20 and the other 40 years older,
managed just fine.

I'm planning to start quilting on it next month.

I'm linking up with other Friday Finishers:


6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your plus quilt is so cute - and you got it done before baby - that is a major accomplishment!!! Love the one the the Scraps' are binding for you!! great job!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your friendship star is very pretty :)

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

What a clever idea to use all prints featuring numbers for accountant parents! Gotta love a plus quilt... and that C+S View Master print!

Paige said...

Perfect quilt for the baby of accountants! I know they appreciated it! That's great you have quilt basting helpers!

karenbbsnow said...

Love your friendship quilt!!!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

The plus quilt is so sweet! I love your basting system - it's so nice to make quilting a family affair.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>