Wednesday 18 November 2015

Blocks to share, blocks to keep

I'm sharing these black and white and red blocks
with you in blogland as well as with my guild friend B.
who is collecting them for a charity quilt.

My black and white fabric stash is getting low
but I found several fun prints to combine.
I like the squiggles on this one, 
and how they contrast with the straight lines in the red print.


Here's one using some of the same parts
but in a pinwheel design.


I cut these with the mix and match dies 
on the Accuquilt Go! cutter.
I'm a part owner of own with five other guild members.
A year ago, I cut lots of DS Prints with those same dies
for a mix and match sampler quilt.

These blocks sat in a box for months
until last weekend when I sashed them.

I have 20 in all,
enough to make a single quilt.
If you're wondering about the spots in the middle of the blocks,
that is masking tape marked with the number of each block,
so when they fall off the wall I know where they belong.

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at


6 comments:

Cathy said...

I love these blocks! Your black and whites are so pretty! Love!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Great blocks... and I love your sashing choice!

Lynn said...

The sashing really lifts/ties those blocks together. I agree with you about the black and white and red - great contrast.

Sharon said...

Pretty black and white blocks! You found some great fabrics to use.

The mix and match quilt looks great with that sashing - it just pulls it all together. I use masking tape too!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Lol love the tags. What a great way to know where they go!

Deb said...

It helps when you use such great textured fabrics! love the movement in your blocks!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>