Friday 18 September 2015

Showing my true colours in some Friday finishes



Earlier this year my mother gave me a 20-strip roll-up
of the True Colors line by Anna Maria Horner,
which I augmented with a package of charm squares.

Last weekend I turned both sets of pre-cuts into usable objects
by dividing them by colourways.
(Yes, I put a U in colour -- I'm Canadian!).


I used the greens and blues in a little drawstring backpack.
This is a class sample for a Learn to Sew bags course I'm teaching in October,
but it's also a useful size for carrying a book, wallet, keys, and phone.


I made a doll blanket for my favourite two-year-old
from the yellow/pink/purple squares and strips,
and backed it with some bright flannel leftover from another project.

I quilted the two layers with a simple diagonal
and now it's ready for some serious dolly cuddling.
I used the leftover strips in some string piecing,
so now I've used up all the bits.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers

2 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Cute projects. I love the bright colors.

Jenny said...

Nice little projects. And yes - I spell colour the same as you, living way down south in New Zealand. Guess it must be from our English colonial heritage!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>