Wednesday 10 June 2015

Peony season

I love peonies.
 Lucky for me, I have two bushes of double pink ones in my garden.
But I cut most of my blooms and enjoy them inside.
I needed a mat for this cut glass vase,
so inspired by Lori Kennedy at the Inbox Jaunt
and some Kaffe fabrics I won,
I made a little peony mat.


It features Lori's all over pretty posy design
on a Kona green (not sure of the name)


I backed it with this Kaffe print -- sorry, my half metre
didn't have all the selvage information--
and used the same fabric for binding.
It measures 12 inches square.


Now I can enjoy peony season in style!

I'm linking up to The Needle and Thread Network.

6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

s I love both peonies and Kaffe Fassett fabrics this a winner for me!!

Barb said...

I adore peonies too! your display is so lovely - I wish I could smell the blooms.

Millie said...

I have the same double pink peonies in my garden and they are absolutely stunning. Like you, I cut the blooms and enjoy them for as long as I can.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely - the flowers AND your mat. I miss my former state's peonies -this state is too hot for them.

Laurel's Stitches said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for posting.

Terri said...

and you can use the back as the front when the peonies are no longer.
Brilliant.
Hugs

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>