Friday 8 May 2015

Big and small finishes

I've got two Friday finishes to celebrate this week.
This colour-blocked one was pieced by my mother
based on the Turning Twenty pattern by Tricia Cribbs.

I added various free motion designs
in coordinating colours in each of the blocks.
My goal was to add lots of texture and interest to this quilt
and I'm happy with how it turned out.

My mom put it in her local show last week
and she reports lots of good comments.

Turns out she made two 60 by 80 inch tops
with hand dyed fabrics and batiks
and I quilted both of them.
I'm just binding the other one
and I'm putting it in a local show at the end of the month.

This 42 inch square baby quilt has been on the finishing pile for months.

I pieced it from the leftover parts of this Grecian Cross quilt
made for my niece last year.
Since I cut up scraps for this one,
I had HSTs and strips left
so I put them together in this heart quilt.

Unlike the bigger quilt, this one has lots of fmq.
I put in feathers and fleur-de-lis in the borders and background
and pumpkin seed quilting in the heart.

I used up all of this Kaffe floating flower print
with an insert of purple Kona to get it big enough.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers at



3 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, two finishes?! Way to go! They are beautiful -- love that quilting!

Scrappy quilter said...

WTG on two finishes. Love the quilting too!

Helen in the UK said...

Great way to use up those scraps into a baby quilt :)

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>