Tuesday 3 February 2015

Three kinds of emerging circles

I see a pattern emerging here.
I've been playing with a bag of hand dyed scraps my mother gave me.
Yesterday I was inspired by a quilt at my group string blog
and I started piecing arcs on a paper foundation


And I kept piecing
To get the beginnings of a Double Wedding Ring quilt.

It's all overlapping circles

just like these Cathedral Windows I've been hand stitching.
I'm also playing with little pieces of hand dyed fabrics,
this time in shades of pink and purple and blue
with unbleached muslin frames.

Those are the same ingredients for my Winding Ways blocks
although I cut these from yardage.

I don't have a big plan for any of these.
I'm just sewing and watching the circles emerge.

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesdays at 






11 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely wedding ring. Love all the color in the quilt.

Karen said...

What a great idea to use solid scraps for the arcs. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Love your curves!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love the bright colors, the double wedding ring is gorgeous.

em's scrapbag said...

You have some wonderful quilts in the works. I too like to watch circles appear.

Michelle said...

All the circles are lovely. The colors are amazing!

Tanyia said...

so pretty! I admire the fact you can do the hand stitching, I just hate that part lol .

Jen said...

So many pretty projects!

mb-RI said...

Lovely cathedral windows - are these traditional or are you using batting in the windows??

Lucy said...

i just love all the colors of your hand dyed fabrics www.crazyforpurple.com

Browndirtcottage said...

Good eye candy Brenda! The top two photos are two I have always wanted to do……..someday….maybe!!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>