Friday 30 January 2015

A long-awaited Friday Finish


Sometimes it takes a year to get around to something
and 10 minutes to actually do it.
This baby quilt has been finished for months,
except for pulling in a few threads,
which is a job I avoid.

With the impending birth of a friend's baby,
it was time to actually finish it.

I made this quilt from width of fabric strips
left over from other projects, mostly in blues.


Here's a view of the quilting from the back.

I decided to quilt in a label,
and made it by fusing some batting to a white square,
writing the details in pencil
and then quilting it with 28 wt thread.
I had lots of binding left,
so I bound it and sewed the whole thing on the back of the quilt.


The baby isn't coming until March,
so I couldn't include the baby name.

I avoided other tasks yesterday and made 12 more Winding Ways block.
I'm planning on cutting a few more, and getting this a bit bigger.
The blocks finish at 8 inches, and my plan is to get it to throw size.

I'm linking up with other Friday finishers 
via Amanda and Sarah and TGIFF.

8 comments:

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

The baby quilt looks so soft and snuggly! Congrats on the finish! :)

Jean Belle said...

Woo Hoo! for your finished baby quilt. And your Winding Ways is looking great!

Scrappy quilter said...

A great finish. Your label is adorable.

Barb said...

cute baby quilt and great backing

Leanne Parsons said...

Funny how we can avoid some jobs even though they take so little time, isn't it? Great job on that baby quilt, the quilting is so fun. Your winding ways blocks are beautiful too. Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

Quilting Stories said...

Very pretty baby quilt and I love your label! I never did such a label... always say next time...

Lynette said...

Oh, goodness! I am SO good at putting off forever those tiny little jobs that I dislike doing. :) Love your winding ways block collection so far.

Scooquilt said...

I like the way your label turned out! I usually print mine, but this is a good idea for a special label. Great finish!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>