Friday 20 February 2015

Quilt-Non and a few Friday finishes

I wanted to show off some of the results from my guild sew-in on Monday.
Here are two zippy bags made from mini-charms (2.5 inch squares)
I was showing a young adult some of the basics of piecing and quilting
so we made these bags side by side.
Hers is the top one.

We used a thought balloon print for the back and the lining.


She did a great job of piecing and machine quilting the straight lines.
I put in the zippers, since I figured a new sewer didn't need to face that
on her first time in.

She was happy to take home her bag,
and I gave her mine too.
And she said the sweetest thing at the end of the evening:
"I could make some of these for my friends."

Here's some progress on a year-old flimsy:
it's basted!

And no, I'm not at Quilt Con this weekend.
But I am off to the Canadian Rockies!

I'm linking up with Sarah today.

6 comments:

Ramona said...

I think one of the most wonderful things is to share our love of quilting with the younger generation. How exciting for you to show the young lady how to quilt. Your year-old flimsy is lovely.

Aunt TC said...

Thank you for sharing your sewing and quilting skills with this young person. I think that is such a gift and one that encourages someone not just with sewing/quilting but with confidence to try new things and give to others.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoy your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

What adorable little bags! I'm sure her friends will love what she makes :D

Sarah Craig said...

Great bags, nice flimsy, and I hope you have fun in the Canadian Rockies! Personally, if I was heading out it would be to someplace warm - maybe Australia? Anyway, whoop whoop for some fun finishes!

Ann said...

What a great way to spend the day - teaching a younger person to sew/quilt. The bags are charming. And know her creative juices are flowing! Congratulations to you both.

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>