Wednesday 5 November 2014

Vintage cover for a vintage machine

I needed a cover for this vintage Singer 301
and decided to use a vintage embroidered pillowcase
that I bought this summer for $1 at a thrift shop in Rosthern, SK.

first I cut it in half lengthwise.

I opened up the seam because it was  bit tight for the Singer
and then I inserted a two-inch strip of vintage cotton.

Then I sewed the top seam, boxed off the corners

and lined it with the other half of the pillowcase.

This is made from heavy duty cotton,
most likely a flour or sugar sack.
Now it protects my machine from dust,
and I can enjoy the embroidery on it every day.

I'm linking up with The Needle and Thread Network


8 comments:

Quilting Stories said...

This is a perfect vintage cover, so sweet!

Lorette said...

OH MY!! What a terrific idea and super fun! Thank you for sharing!

Barb said...

I love it! perfect for your vintage beauty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Function AND Form PLUS a story of how the pillowcase came to live at your house . . . pretty darn perfect!!

sherry said...

love the vintage look

beth s said...

Love it!

Peg said...

What a wonderful idea, I have quite a few vintage embroideries and have never thought of making something like this from them. How cheerful when you go into the sewing room, thank you for sharing.

Peg x

rtquilter said...

Very nice use for a vintage piece! Things like that deserve to be seen and to be used. Well done!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
>